Virgin Mary Church at Abyer, Kafr El-Zayat, Gharbia Governorate, away from Cairo 120 kilo for 95 kilo Alexandria.
The Ancient church dating back to the thirteen century AD and the current church was established in 1848, in the same place of the old church and it is now under restoration.
The Church has three altars and in the eastern side of the third altar there is an icon of the Virgin Mary sitting on a chair, carrying her son the Lord Jesus, and Jesus puts his hand on the globe - from this blessed Icon, Oil perfusion in Easter Day April 15, 1996.
Special shrine in the church, which contains a huge number of relics of the saints. This along with a tube containing a part of the wood of the Cross of Jesus, and the other tube containing a portion of the belt of the Virgin Mary. and also a collection of manuscripts. and holy bread monks left in the church in June 1999, and it is in the same condition so far.
Icons holder - which is one of the rare monuments.
 1  

All contents © copyright 2010-2013 Sowar Masraya. All rights reserved.